Friday, May 4, 2012

Keep on shearing

I have been working nonstop for the last 8 weeks or so. I have already surpassed my animal count from last year and I really am excited to say I still enjoy it. The fun part is visiting with my clients. And always hanging out with the animals is a pleasure because they are always so curious and expressive when the look at you and say what the heck do you think you are going to do.

Another thing I have enjoyed is I found a new shearer to pick up the slack that I can not get to when the calls start flooding in when the weather gets hot. Her name is Aimee and she is doing spectacular. Already shearing alpacas and most of a sheep. Sheep shearing school is in 2 weeks for her certification. Keeping that bottom tooth down her second cuts are minimal right from the start.

Speaking of loving animals I have been kissed by a llama and of course kicked by a few sheep but it is great to have comrodery among friends and other sharers to share in the fun times. Of course there is always blogging also.

No comments:

Post a Comment