Thursday, April 5, 2012

Shearing in California

It has been 5 days away from home traveling from phoenix to central and southern California to shear sheep. 3 of the days were shearing and two were days off and driving time.

This is a new experience for me to travel for shearing. I appreciate the sharers who travel across the country shearing thousands of sheep and away from home for months at a time.

I enjoyed my time and enjoyed the beautiful California costal mountains and western Sierra Nevada in the early spring. Picture perfect.

It was a BIG sheep weekend too. I encountered Dorper and coopworth and Wensleydale. Shetland sheep were the most abundant and i through in some angora and cashmere goats to the mix. Many had nice fleece and others had the felted rise that is so frustrating as a shearer to have to force the shears through.

This trip is over. I am going back to Phoenix today to take the Easter weekend off with family and shear for my Phoenix clients again who I am excited to see since it has been a year since I have seen most of them. Maybe I will have time to spin some yarn the next couple weeks!
Enjoying spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment